Tips for Installing Kitchen Cabinets in a Kitchen Renovation
By: Danny Lipford
Installing new kitchen cabinets and countertops is the most exciting and rewarding part of a kitchen renovation, but it’s important to make sure the cabinets are installed correctly.
Here are some tips gleaned from the installation of the kitchen cabinets in the home of the Today’s Dream Kitchen Contest winner, sponsored by Merillat.
When installing kitchen cabinets in your home:
- Install the hanging corner cabinet first in an “L” shaped kitchen.
- Next, align and level the hanging cabinets on each side of the corner cabinet.
- Use screws to attach kitchen cabinets to the wall studs and adjoining cabinets.
- If the finished floor doesn’t extend under the cabinets, attach blocks to the bottom of the base cabinets to raise them flush with the finished floor.
- Since sink cabinets are prone to moisture problems, consider one with polymer sides and bottom, such as CoreGuard sink cabinets from Merillat.
Watch this video to find out more.
- Replacing Cabinets and Countertops in Kitchen Renovation (video)
- Innovative Kitchen Cabinets and Hardware for Your Home (video)
- How to Level and Attach Kitchen Cabinets (video)
- Selecting Kitchen Cabinets (video)
Videos You May Like
|How to Plan and Budget for a Kitchen R...||Choosing Appliances for a Kitchen Reno...||How to Level and Attach Kitchen Cabinets||How to Give Your Kitchen a Facelift|