How to Plan and Budget for a Kitchen Renovation
By: Danny Lipford
Spending time deciding what you would like in your kitchen and how you want it to look is the first step in a successful kitchen renovation. Next comes figuring out how much you can afford to spend on the project and making a budget that fits your income.
Kitchen Renovation Inspiration Tips
Inspiration for your kitchen remodel can come from:
- Kitchen showrooms
- Visiting kitchens in friends homes
- Attending a Parade of Homes
Concentrate on getting the big decisions – such as cabinets and countertops – right, since they will be with you for a long time.
Kitchen Renovation Budget Tips
Establish a budget based on:
- What you can afford to spend on your kitchen remodel.
- Be sure to allow for any cost overruns and unexpected expenses.
- Don’t spend so much on your kitchen renovation that your house will be overpriced for your neighborhood should you decide to sell.
Watch this video to find out more.
Videos You May Like
|Choosing Appliances for a Kitchen Reno...||Hiring a Designer and Remodeling Contr...||Choosing Plumbing and Lighting Fixture...||Types of Flooring for a Kitchen Renova...|