Around the Yard
How to Install Low-Voltage Landscape Lighting in Your Yard
By: Danny Lipford
Installing low-voltage landscape lighting in your yard isn’t hard and makes a good DIY project. Here’s how to go about it:
- Start by choosing the low-voltage landscape lighting fixtures for your yard. These can include path lighting, down lighting, accent lighting, and spot lights to highlight trees or other features.
- Layout the location of the landscape lighting fixtures in your yard.
- Mount low-voltage transformers near existing outdoor electrical outlets.
- Run low-voltage cables so the wires pass next to each of the fixtures.
- Install landscape lighting fixtures.
- Connect the low voltage fixtures to the cable using snap-on connectors.
- Bury cables in the ground or hide them under mulch.
Watch this video to find out more.
Videos You May Like
|Landscape Lighting Layout||How to Repair Landscape Lighting||Clean Landscape Lighting Lens||Landscape Lighting Repair Tips|