How to Choose Tile for Your Bathroom
By: Danny Lipford
Tile makes a great choice for the floors and walls of your bathroom. Three different types of tile we’re chosen for this bathroom renovation:
- Travertine Tile: Cut from natural limestone, travertine tile is popular choice for flooring and walls. Variations in the color and texture of each piece of travertine tile allow a range of options in layout and design when installing travertine tile in a bathroom.
- Porcelain Tile: Made from sand fired at high temperature and pressure, porcelain tile are fairly brittle, it is much easier to cut. This allows you to lay out a porcelain floor in a modular fashion, which incorporates a wide range of sizes to create one floor.
- Mosaic Tile: Complex patterns of small pieces come preassembled in a mosaic tile with a flexible mat backing to allow for easy installation. Since mosaic tiles easily contour around curves, they’re a good choice for shower and drain pans. Mosaic tile are more expensive and take longer to install than standard tile, so they may not be the best choice for every budget.
No matter what style of tile you choose for your bathroom, consider the amount of time and labor needed before making a decision. Watch this video to find out more.
- How to Lay a Tile Floor
- How to Tile a Bathroom Floor (video)
- How to Install Mosaic Tile in a Bathroom (video)
Videos You May Like
|Using Porcelain Tile in a Shower||What to Consider When Purchasing Tile ...||Painting Ceramic Tile Walls||How to Tile a Bathroom Floor|