June Home Maintenance To-Do List
To-Do #5: Remove Mold and Mildew
The first step to preventing mold and mildew on the outside of your home, is to make sure you keep all shrubs and trees pruned back away from the house.
To remove mold and mildew:
- Mix up a solution of one part bleach to four to 10 parts water (depending on the strength desired) in a garden sprayer, and add a little dishwashing soap or TSP (trisodium phosphate) to the mixture.
- Spray the mixture on and allow it to remain on the surface for 10-20 minutes.
- When the time is up, use a long handled soft scrub brush (like those used to clean cars) dipped in a bucket of soapy water to scrub the surface.
- Rinse the surface with a garden hose equipped with a spray nozzle.
- To keep mold and mildew from coming back, spray the surface with a product that protects against mold, such as Wet & Forget.
CAUTION: Bleach can damage grass, plants, and shrubs. Wear protective clothing, rubber gloves, and goggles with working with bleach.
Watch How to Remove Mold on the Outside of a House to find out more.
You May Also Like:
|June Weather Channel Appearances||Labor Day List||Fall Honey-Do List||Attack of the Green June Beetles|